It could be shocking to come to work in the morning and hear stuff like this “We’re sorry it was decided in the management meeting that your services are no longer needed” we’re downsizing, the company can no longer pay your salary or you’re not meeting your target, whatever! this kind of statement usually has some kind of connection with one resolution in management meeting or the other, sometimes they attach it to economic meltdown like ours in Nigeria. Lots of this incident is happening everyday people are being laid off their jobs. Though nobody will expect to hear such shocking news, however, the reality is staring at us.
In most cases, this affects those in private sector more than those in public sector. This publication is generated by experience motivated by a vision, therefore read it and get motivated to aspire to something more valuable and tangible to hold on. Always have it at the back of your mind from the moment you get your new job or switched to a presumed better job that is all served one purpose “ take care of temporal needs/problem”.
Below are things you must do to avoid the shock of job termination.
- .Do not panic or beg to be reinstated: It is true that it could be very disturbing to hear such news especially when you’re not prepared for it. Challenges are made for people not otherwise, always have it in your mind that you’re made to succeed in life not to fail as such you cannot fail in life no matter the circumstances. Fear kills the power of the mind; your mind is strong and it’s made to achieve greatness if only you can have control of your feelings at any point in time and situation.
- Speak hope to your spirit: when things of this nature happen to you or anyone you know, it is just the best time to be courageous. Listen to this! Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks and as a man thinks in his heart so he is. Therefore know it now that words are powerful especially one spoken when you’re faced with situations or excruciating circumstances of life. Ironically it is what you have in your heart you will speak. For instance, two persons faced with similar situation one said to himself “I’m finished” and the other one said to himself “No! I can’t give up” just one of those things. The statement “I’m finished” is generated by hopelessness caused by fear while the statement “I can’t give up” is generated by confidence and is energetic.
- Immediately resort to what you can do best: I believe anyone who works in an organization has one or two skills of which he is paid for. Don’t get it twisted, you can start any business of your choice without huge capital as people always asked: “Where is the capital?” I want to tell you that capital shouldn’t be your problem to kick off that new business. The greatest leadership seems to surface during times of personal, social, political and spiritual conflict. This is your time to rise and shine. How to start your new business without capital
- Believe in yourself and in your ability: You can, I can, everyone can make it big like Dangote the richest man in Africa, after all, if he had been working in a big multinational company he would have been just an ordinary man. Do you want to be just an ordinary man or woman… so come on! “You’re fired is not a death sentence” rather a call to action. Just get focused and be optimistic.
- Change your friends: please if you want to be great in life you must choose your friends, read good books and articles. Just before I started my business I knew I read thousands of free articles on net and bought business related books of which im still in the business of reading good books even now. So friend you’re welcome into the world of reality, the early you make the decision to start the journey the better for you. The kind of friends you have when things are going on well will not be the same friends when things seem to be a bit complex. But you have to move on with your vision. I want to believe that you’re blessed with this piece of information if you have more point you can contribute yours in the comment box below.
By Ozoemena O. CharlesCMO at Zuma Marketing Limited, CEO
, and Publisher at SMEsmedia.com
Zuma Marketing is a contemporary company that deals in audio-visual products and integration, modern teaching aids and educational resources. Since 2012, ZML has provided thousands of clients with reliable and cost-efficient technology solutions for their collaboration, presentation, and Educational needs.
click here ⇒ to know more about Smesmedia