There is an exponential increase on the demand for projectors in organisations, schools and businesses. Almost every school, businesses and institution have at least one or more projectors and it will be important to guide you on how to use it in other to save cost in replacing the lamp and other important parts that can be affected as a result of poor handling.
This is the first thing to put in place before using your projector:
- Ensure your power is regulated. Use USP and power surge protectors to avoid power fluctuation from damaging your projector panel or other important parts.
- Change your filter regularly at least every six month if it is used in school. Projector emit lots of heat while working therefore It is essential that the lamp have enough air to cool it off which is the function of the fans inside the projector compartment. When the fans are doing their work they accumulate lots of dust into the projector causing blockage on the flow of air. This will reduce the life span of your lamp therefore in order to avoid this; the filter(s) must be cleaned regularly.
- Allow for good air flow. The fan exhaust area of the projector should be at least 3-5 feet from any wall or other impediment to free air flow. If air does not flow freely around the projector, it will overheat, which will shorten the life of your lamp.
- Avoid high temperature. If you store your projector in an extremely cold area (below 45 degrees or so), the bulb may burst when you turn it on
- Allow lamp to cool before switching off power or unplugging from the power. The projector fan should continue to run for a period of time after your turn the lamp off in order to cool the lamp. If the power is turned off before the end of the process, the life of the lamp will be shortened.
- How to preserve your Video Graphics Array (VGA) cable: Do not force your VGA cable into the pc without properly placement this can damage it immediately.
Please share this with your IT department in your schools and organisations. To some projectors the costs of parts replacement can equally the actual cost of the projector. Therefore take all the precautionary measures to protect it.
By Ozoemena O. Charles
Senior Special Adviser (ICT) Ministry Of Science and Technology Abia State||Business Consultants || Entrepreneur || a Passionate business coach.
Zuma Marketing is a contemporary company that deals in audio-visual products and integration, modern teaching aids and educational resources. Since 2012,ZML has provided thousands of clients with reliable and cost-efficient technology solutions for their collaboration, presentation and Educational needs.